View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
TLFisher

Default Re: Response to InChristAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChristAlone View Post
I look at myself, my wife, my relatives and other saints in the LRC. The system killed our spiritual growth. We don’t love God and our neighbors more than we love our pets. However, we struggle to be perfected by knowledge, "living the proper church life". At the end of the day, we have more knowledge than love. But what is more useful: the former or the latter? If we want to enter the kingdom of God, do we need more love or more information? Do we need a plan of the New Jerusalem or a key that opens its gates?

I believe communion with God is only possible if love dwells in our hearts. Through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit, man comes to living communion with God the Father. There is no other meaning and purpose to the Church and to life itself. But where is Christ in WL’s message? Where is love in Morning Revival and Crystallization Study? They are full of information about God’s economy, oneness, and the New Jerusalem, but does it matter? If Christ and His love don’t live in our hearts, then all man’s doctrines are no use. What is easier: to live “the proper church life” or “love thy neighbor as thyself”? I think you know the answer. And that’s why I want a change. I want to follow Christ, not Witness Lee because I see the difference. I want the key, not the map. Otherwise, when the Lord comes to separate the sheep from the goats, I am afraid we will belong to the latter. (Matthew 25:31-46)

FaithInChrist, that was my personal experience with the LRC. Your experience can be different. Anyway, I believe you are a good personality and I am sure you are a good Christian. May the Lord bless and guide you.
Thanks for the links InChristAlone. It is difficult for many brothers and sisters when there's the absence of grace. I have come to know grace as an expression of love. When you love brothers and sisters, there's grace. When a brother or sister decides to stop meeting, if you love them grace will be given.
Instead of grace being a characteristic of the recovery, we have witnessed through the decades brothers being maligned after their leaving. There is no expression of love and no expression of grace.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote