View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:07 AM   #48
aron

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantStar View Post
It is this video, but it was my first year of college.
I watched a bit of the video. A few people running around holding signs. I gave up.

At whose behest did they run around holding signs? Theirs or another's? And by running around holding signs, and waving at the camera, are they selling automobiles or whatnot? No way to tell.

Perhaps later it became "godly" but by then I'd given up. My attention span is too short I'm afraid.

The brilliance of the gospel is in it's simplicity. It needs no CoC, no BfA, no DCP, no LSM. It is the pure fire of God's love reaching us in Jesus Christ. It is our faith in the testimony of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day, showing that this was indeed the Son of God whose blood makes us all clean. The spotless Lamb of God is the reigning Lion of Judah. It is so simple.

It was this gospel that spread in waves across the USA and even the globe 50 years ago, that brought in young people by the thousands, even tens of thousands. This gospel got co-opted by people like Witness Lee, and by the time he set his predatory family on the gospel (Timothy and Daystar, Philip and the Office) it frustrated and deadened the gospel impetus. Then we had various machinations (the New Way, Vital Groups, Christians on Campus) to try and resurrect the gospel. But the gospel needs no resurrection. It is the power of resurrection, the power of salvation to all who believe. It is simple. Don't mess it up. Let it flow.

Sorry; I'll step down off my soap box now.