Thread: Out of Egypt
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
Freedom

Default Re: Out of Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
??? Of course I would if I were LifeGoesOn. The elders ought to have pastoral hearts and if they recognise their sheep have gone somewhere else they would have taken notice with care and love. The body is knit together in love. In our church whenever a brother or a sister has not been in touch for awhile in meetings or other settings we would always reach out to see what he or she is up to. Not to condemn but to offer love and grace. If they leave to other assemblies we would be happy to also to pray for them and wish them well.
Very true. As a follow-up to what I posted earlier, along with what Terry posted, it seems like the tendency to ignore those who have 'disappeared' from the LC is something that is quite deliberate.

As I see it, it is meant to send a message that whatever the concern/issue might have been, it was not legitimate. And by failing to even acknowledge the person that left, elders succeed in minimizing the issues that cause people to leave the LC. It goes to show that they are driven by certain motives. There is no reason they can't wish someone well who chooses to leave. Actually, if the LC were capable of reform (which it isn't), it would be in their best interest to try to do an "exit interview" when someone leaves the LC.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote