View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #53
awareness

Default Re: Intro of an ex "Church Kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weighingin View Post
"God came to me" was encouraging to me. At this time I'm wondering who God is, how does Christ fit in, etc? It is similiar to how I was before I came to the Lc in the earlier 70s. I would think I'm in my mind, I'm not exercising my spirit, I don't pray enough, I didn't have morning watch. But Christ became objective and not real to me much of the time. We only want your Christ, brother.
But now that I realize the LSM is not the unique way to the fullness of God in Christ, I'm not certain what to do except the basic Christian practices and beware of any killing or discouraging teachings.
Brother Weightingin, I remember it well. I had picked up a book at a local book store : Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch.

I was sitting in the shade under a tree in my front yard in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. It was peaceful. I was only in the first chapter when it happened. I felt that God came to me.

Then, that God was deaf dumb and mute to me vanished. God doesn't speak to us with words, like having a conversation with Him. He speaks to us inwardly. And following that inward leading has led me to all kinds of what you might consider "killing or discouraging teachings."

I'm not sure why, but I've concluded that He wants to pull the rug out from under anything that I have faith in other than Himself.