View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
aron

Default Re: Greetings in the Name of Jesus Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus4Me View Post
In 1994, the holy laughter movement was interdenomenational and thus no longer a streamlined Pentecostal/Charismatic event, fulfilling the description of a false prophet, gathering grapes of thorns & figs of thistles, being interdenomenational as it is as well as the Promise Keepers movement leading men into religious bondages nationwide..
The LC is a Pentacostal/Charismatic group: they shout themselves into a state which they call "being in spirit", a la Revelation 1:10. "Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion", we were told. So you'd shout yourself into such a state of excitement that they could tell you that the sky was green, and you'd shout it back.

Discernment was weakened and all sorts of stuff came in. Don't question, we were told. Just be "one".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus4Me View Post
This is why Luke's accounts of Jesus's warning in the last days was to strive ye to enter thru the straight gate, for many shall seek to enter in and shall not be able to ( Luke 13:24-30 ) since many churches & hymnals has led believers to address & worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son.

If you note in all of these movements of the "Spirit", they address the Holy Spirit for these signs and wonders to come and it happens, and yet Jesus is the only One that can answers our prayers John 14:13-14 so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. The Son is the only Mediator ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ); not the Holy Spirit. The Son knows the mind of the Spirit to give the intercessions of the Spirit to the Father because the Spirit cannot utter them as His intercessions are unspeakable ( Romans 8:26-27 KJV only ) This is why the Father knows before we ask for ( Matthew 6:7-8 ) because it is the Son that searches our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) that lives always to make intercessions for us ( Hebrews 7:25 ) so that whenever the Father says yes to either our intercessions or the Spirit's intercessions as given by the Son, the Son answers the prayers.

So that is why the Holy Spirit is not the One to be praying to and neither is the Holy Spirit the One answering those prayers in any of those movements of the "Spirit". The Holy Spirit receives/takes from Jesus, but the Holy Spirit gives the Son the credit & the glory ( John 16:13-15 ) so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answering those prayers ( John 14:13-14 ) The Holy Spirit is the Comforter; not the Mediator. It is not His job to be answering prayers nor to be prayed to as He is not at that throne of grace to be doing so.

This is why there is confusion whereas one movement of the "Spirit" will condemn another movement of the "Spirit" as not being of the Lord, and vise versa but they share the same rudiment as no good tree can produce an evil fruit and no evil tree can produce a good fruit. It's all bad..
If you notice that the Roman Centurion told Jesus, "I also am a man under authority, with servants under me..." Jesus didn't say, "No, man! The Holy Spirit is the Third of the Trinity, co-equal with the Father and the Son!" When the Roman Centurion said "under" he meant "under". Jesus was "one" with the Father just as the Roman Centurion was "one" with Caesar. When you saw the Centurion, you saw Caesar, and when the Centurion told his servants, "Go", and "Come", and "Do this", it was Caesar speaking through him. So the servants obeyed the Centurion, who was under Caesar. Similarly, Jesus could just speak a word and the Centurion's servant would be healed.

Jesus didn't say, "No, man! You have the doctrine of the Trinity all wrong!" He just marveled, and said, "Amen. Let it be done", and walked away.

My sense is that we don't care for stuff like this, today, because we have our pet doctrines. We cling to the doctrine and ignore what the Word is saying.

Why did Moses see an angel in the thorn bush, but also see God (Exod 3:4; cf Acts 7:30)? Why did Hagar tell the angel, "You are the God who hears me"(Genesis 16:13)? Why did the angel tell John, "Don't worship me! I am your fellow servant. Worship God!"? I don't hear people talk about these things much, probably because we have our neat formulas. Never mess up a neat formula by reading the Word of God. Just ignore the word, what it is saying, and everything will remain neat, and clear and simple.