View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #18
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suannehill View Post
Well,
My experience was not so pleasant. Each time I called a song, one particular brother over called it. After years of that I stopped trying.
Sue
Yes, our experiences were different. That is why it is foolish to paint, broad-brush, all who post on this board as "opposers" or any such thing. Or, for that matter, to characterize those who defend Lee on any point as "mindless robots". People have different experiences, different motivations.

But if we were whisked away, 64,000 light years hence across the inky seas of space, and found ourselves floating off Cygnus X-1 or some other star system, and ran into each other in the same space capsule, we would be like, "Wow, you're from planet earth!? Me too! A believer!? Omigawd, me too! Hallelujah!" My point is, that while I always try to see the differences, and respect them, all those myriads of things that make us unique, at the same time I think we all have a LOT in common.

If the die-hard LC-ers and the adamant "opposers" (in some ways I could be called one by posting on this forum and daring to "discuss" Lee & Nee, etc) realized how much they had in common, despite seemingly intractable differences, the world would be a lot better place. Our oneness is not because we agree on some promulgation out of Headquarters, or on the interpretation of some obscure Greek word (I don't know Greek, sorry) but because we have each made decisions to acknowledge and attempt to follow God through faith in the Son of God, Jesus the Galilean, and this journey has led us to be gathered together.

So, are we now going to squabble, or get along? If we squabble, the Lord will wait, as He has for so long; He is very patient! But if we allow ourselves to get along, because of His Name, we have His promise that "The world will believe that You(the Father) have sent Me(Jesus the Son)" (John 17:26).

p.s.Sue, I am sorry for your experience. The "brothers" in my meetings were indulgent; anyone, whether brother or sister, who got a notion, foolish or otherwise, were allowed to let it run. We had some "flops" and some "duds", but we also had a lot of rich enjoyment when we got caught in the "flow of the Holy Spirit".

p.p.s. Since I'm feeling loquacious this morning, I'll also add that I have learned not to judge others because I cannot say what I would have done had my local church experience been like Sueanne's. We don't need to judge others; that's why we have God, who is both righteous and merciful.

Last edited by aron; 08-04-2008 at 06:54 AM. Reason: addition, correction
aron is offline   Reply With Quote