View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:53 AM   #290
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
In any case, it is good stuff. But I have this problem with phrasing it in that "house law" way because it then suggests that it is something needing to be ferreted-out. Something that needs to be defined. However, it is actually nowhere defined. Instead, it is stated as being "by faith," not "by careful following of a set of rules." But that is how Lee treated it. "God's economy" became a rule that could rewrite scripture to mean something it did not say, or even insist that certain parts should be ignored or used as an example of a violation of "God's economy."
To me "house law" is just the order of things God establishes to make sure all those in His house receive the care they need. The picture of the loving father - mother - children household works for me, as the structure is all in place for the riches to flow to everyone in the house. In this structure, all works well for that purpose.

To contrast that, if things aren't orderly in a household, then things don't flow well. For instance, if the father is absent or irresponsible, or the mother isn't faithful or vindictive, or the children are rebellious - then things don't flow nearly as well. But if the ordained administration is well in place (house-law), then the members of the household grow and develop properly, getting the love, nourishment, care and even discipline they need.