View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 09:41 AM   #234
aron

Default Re: Excellent Polemic on "The One Publication"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
The teachings of Lee have become the LC pipeline, their "filter," their mediator, their advocate with the Father..
This is how powerful and all-encompassing this mediator can be. When I left the LC, after several years of living in group housing and going to meetings every day (college meetings, home meetings, ministry meetings, small-group meetings, Sunday morning "Lord's Table" meetings) I couldn't read the Bible or any other Christian text without the "voice in my head" saying, "That's not God's economy" or whatever it was saying. Every external stimulus I received had a ready-made ministry-supplied response, and it was continual. It took several years for me to begin to assess what was front of me on its own terms, absent the ministry filter.

It's a very powerful thought-control programme; people who feel the first adrenaline rush of being loved, needed, wanted, of having all the answers at hand, need to be warned what it's like once you get inside. You literally lose the ability to think. Everything becomes conditioned response. The "One Publication" edict is an initial attempt, post-Lee, to intimidate any who might presume to use their God-given mental faculties.