Old 04-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #48
ABrotherinFaith

Default Re: Out of Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
"No elders even reached out to us to see why we no longer attend the meetings."

Did you expect them to?

Drake
I know we are not supposed to have so called natural relationships or what is strangely called natural preference in the LC, but this must be a rhetorical question.

If not the elders, at least some of the people LifeGoesOn and I grew up with, those who took care of us as kids and were there throughout our whole lives, not to mention those whose kids we later served at camps and Saturday night meetings when we were older. Not 1 person, not one called even after two weeks, three weeks, four weeks to see if we were sick or needed help, to see if we were going through marriage trouble, trouble with the kids, financial difficulties, nothing. No one called to grab bite to eat (which they previously often had). No one called get the kids together and play (which they often had).

We stopped meeting with the LC more than a year ago. A few months in with our current group, my wife and I were there for two weeks straight. Sickness and a short vacation. They called to see if we were ok. They emailed my wife just to tell her they had missed her and her small group. Did I expect them to call, to email? Not really because of the above experiece, but it was so comforting when they did.
ABrotherinFaith is offline   Reply With Quote