View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 05:14 AM   #2
Cal

Default Re: My Local Church Experience - And My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantStar View Post
[I] I remember one of them saying that we should not be broken into denominations, and he implied that those churches that are denominational have somehow lost their way. I found this really hypocritical. I thought, by making an "us vs them" distinction, this society is, in effect, making a denomination.
Welcome!

Your straightforward discernment of this hypocrisy shows wisdom. Yes, the LCM is hypocritical in many ways. As you said, they often have a narrow point, yet it's the broader implications of that point which they do not discuss that usually do the damage.

Indeed their central problem is they are controlled by Witness Lee. (Watchman Nee came first, Witness Lee modified Nee's doctrines and spread them around the world after moving to the US in the 1960s. Nee died in 1972 in a communist Chinese prison. Lee died in 1997 from cancer. His appointed lieutenants continue his cause.)

Yet, from the grave they still control the minds of their followers via entrenched leadership sworn to advance especially Lee's doctrines. This is why they rarely read anything but Nee and Lee or some older teachers Nee or Lee recommended. This of course is strange and warped, but there you have it.

It's a circular mindset. Why do they follow Lee unquestioningly? Because he was the "Minister of the Age." Why do they think that? Because he said so. Why do they believe him? Because he was the "Minister of the Age."

It's very difficult to reason with that kind of thinking. The best thing to do is just find another church.

May God guide you.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote