View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #243
aron

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
He said, something along the line of, "we are following Witness Lee, and I am the elder of the c. in Ft. Lauderdale, and if you want to go on in the LC you have to -- and I quote verbatim -- "Take my personality as your personality," and, "if you want to blow your nose you have to ask me which side first."

I countered with, "this sounds like the Roman Catholic church to me. With Lee as the Pope." Mel shot back with, "this is the way of life, and you either do it or get out."
"This is the way of life", according to one of Lee's ardent followers. Lee didn't have to anoint himself Grand Pooh-Bah of Planet Earth. He had MP, RG, EM, BP, and many others to do it. The same people who are, not coincidentally, running the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
It was Lee's most ardent followers who heaped upon him lavish praise and spread all of these gross superlatives to the LC's.
Anyone who didn't "line up" with the ardent followers either got quietly exiled to LC Siberia, or got out.

People like MP and RG were great because they didn't pull any punches. They told you what it was, and you either get it or get out. They weren't like, "Awww, he is just a humble bondslave of Jesus Christ. A simple Bible expositor." No, they said, He's Deputy God. Number Four, after the Trinity.