View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 06:20 AM   #203
Cal

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
For communication to take place, the first thing that must be communicated is respect. In my humble opinion, you did not express respect for Donalli's point of view. You were agressive with her and seemed to be more interested in your point of view than hers. You've questioned her integrity. You left it to her to earn your respect while being unwilling to receive and welcome her as a newcomer to the forum.

It seems to me that your objective was not communication, but to start a fight. You've stated that you don't see it, Igzy, so I'm just trying to help you see from another perspective.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of stuff that makes their point...we're just a bunch of negative opposers...don't even mess with them.

Nell

PS: Women don't communicate the same as men.
Now you are not treating me with respect. And you seem more interested in your opinion than mine. See how it works? It's easy to talk about what you are talking about, but harder to live it.

Donnali had already claimed she was leaving because we were "toxic" before I ever posted. All I did was suggest that she pray and that she was probably stuck in a mindset she no longer holds to scrutiny. That may be a tough word but I guarantee it was based in love. I got over "winning" here a long time ago. Please don't accuse me of just trying to win an argument. I'm trying to help people.

This whole business of running away from a faith fight because the environment is "toxic" is nonsense anyway. Did Jesus ever run away because the Pharisees got too nasty? Did Paul? Did either of them ever say, "Oh, my virgin ears! I have to get away from here! I might get poisoned!" It sounds silly because it is.

If I was an LCMer I'd be on this board all the time fighting the good fight for what I believe. This is the ONLY place in the world where LCM matters are discussed openly. Yet they are almost never here. That makes no sense. They are not interested in defending their beliefs because they don't know how to because they accept them without question and expect others to do so as well. We are not dealing with people who discuss things honestly. That's why they leave when the going gets tough. I think it has very little to do with people being unpleasant.

Besides. Donnali left her email address. If you want to discuss things with her, send her an email. Let me know if she's open to discussing things with you like girls do and if you establish a dialogue. If so, fantastic! There's more than one way to get things done. Respect my approach and I'll respect yours.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote