View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 08:34 AM   #474
aron

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
what was Paul saying here? What was on his heart? What was his burden to convey to Timothy?

Paul tells us in plain words: “the goal of the charge is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience and unfeigned faith.” LSM loves to fight for “God’s Economy,” but they completely miss the goal. The miss love out of a pure heart, a good conscience, and unfeigned faith. How many times have I seen them totally miss out on love, and instead minister a spirit of condemnation which damaged many a heart, many consciences, and the faith of many.
A good example of this is the story of Dorcas/Tabitha. She sewed cloaks for the widows. Again, think about what it meant to be a widow back then. No husband, no children, no income, no Social Security and social safety net. No human rights. You didn't exist. It never mentions "God's economy" in the narrative, but the outreach of real help based on real love is palpable.

Or the flip side, with the rich man with Lazarus the beggar. There was no love there... there was enjoyment, but it never reached outside the walls. Jesus says, "When I was hungry, you didn't feed me..." (Matt 25:42) You may tell me, that's not God's economy, but I would reply, if that isn't God's economy, then what is?