View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 08:39 PM   #468
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If you throw out the concept of the economy of God you might as well throw your entire Bible out with it.
Ya know Jay, if you really want us to believe you when you say you don't hold the ministry and writings of Witness Lee as equal to the Bible, you might not want to go around making statements like this. That being said, I will refrain from giving any "cute little sprinkles" on this doozy for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
....But probably the leadership and clergy-laity aspects are very wrong and unrighteous. Which we can talk about that.
Oh Jay, we've been talking about many things very wrong and unrighteous in your little sect for about 20 years now on these Internet forums. Unfortunately, "the leadership and clergy-laity aspects" are the very least of these very wrong and unrighteous things. But I think you've probably figured that out by now.

Don't know if you'd consider this as just a "cute little sprinkle" or not, but this is the best advise I've seen on this thread so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
This is a common response many have had when the beliefs they hold so dearly begin to wobble or collapse. I’d urge anyone with this response to consider a different approach. Read the Bible for yourself, get a reader version or non-study Bible, and just read it. No footnotes or commentary, no subject headers or outlines. Make an effort to set aside your beliefs, start from 0 as best you can and let the Bible tell you what it’s about.
Such a novel idea! "Let the Bible tell you what it's about". Of course Nee and Lee were not the only well-intentioned people who were so self-aggrandizing as to think they were the only guys on the planet uniquely qualified to tell everyone what the Bible is about, (and they won't be the last) but since they are the ones we are all most familiar with, then our sites are going to be squarely set on them and their teachings.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote