View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #125
Drake

Default Re: Now's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Dr Tomes has nothing on Dr Burrowes, a man who has no relationship to Nee or Lee or the Recovery, who obtained his doctoral degree showing in his thesis that Western Christianity in general has been deceived by "saint" Augustine to believe that man has an independent sinful self which is independent of Satan.

If Burrowes is correct which is highly likely given that he has done years of research and obtained his doctorate, then it is highly likely that the real deceived ones are those propagating Augustines theology.

Lee did not have a doctorate but it is remarkable that what Lee found had been incorrectly believed in modern Chrisrianity since Augustine, should now be validated by the work of Dr Burrowes and colleagues.
Dr Tomes has a degree in economics. Maybe he is really great at economics. I don’t know. I do know that in this op-ed about what Brother Lee taught concerning Satan and sin he missed the boat badly. His methodology leads him to leave out important details... like ‘Satan as sin”.

I like that you bring in outside credible viewpoints like Dr. Burrows. Almost every forum participant has expressed indignation that Brother Lee did not surround himself with theologians to balance his ideas. That is water under the bridge but it is ironic that some participants have objected to your bringing in those outside viewpoints. Anyway, Nigel Tomes is entitled to his opinion and I am sure he is a nice brother but he is no more informed about biblical truths than anyone in this forum. Sometimes he acts less informed.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote