View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
tentmaker

Default Re: Move to Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Short testimony of how I came to the LC. In Texas, one sunday, in sunday school, I met a new member with whom I became friends, we began to fellowship and I learned of and read some of Watchman Nees books which he had. A close friendship developed. After some months he had learned of a conference in Los Angeles, ( Ezekiel conference in LA ) and was going out for that.

I had no particular interest in going however my girlfriend's family had just been transferred to Los Angeles and also I was due to go into active military duty ( Long Beach ) and being encouraged by my friend, I packed up and went to Los Angles to attend what was left of the Ezekiel conference. A kind family took me in for a few days during the conference after which I moved in with a family near Elden hall. Never caught up with the girl friend but I attended Elden hall meetings for a year or so then off to Nam. What glorious meetings at Elden! What previously unheard of opening of the scriptures! What revelations of Christ I had never known! Taste and see that the Lord is good! Remember that? The overflow of life was wonderful indeed.

After service in the far east I came back to join in with those at the hall in South Pasadena. A return to the same nourishing church life. After one of the conferences, I forget which - maybe the Hebrews conference - I moved with the migration to Dallas to join in with the church life there. And remained there for a few years until I began develop a distaste for the church life, and basically just wanted to pursue my own interests. Not sorry for the time I was with the church life but not sorry I left either!

I remember listening to those tapes from the Ezekiel conference (from early 70's - 1973?), some 25-30 years ago. One thing I remember, which was spoken on the tape but not sure if it was printed, was a question Bro Lee asked. He asked the attendees what was the difference between the Old Man and the Natural Man? No one responded. He then said the Old Man does not like to pray, to fellowship, to read the word, etc. but the Natural Man thinks he's quite capable of doing all of them very well. I have not heard that spoken in a meeting or in writing since then, but it made sense to me. That was quite a conference.
tentmaker is offline   Reply With Quote