Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
Elden1971

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitherFirstnorLast View Post
Hello Freedom, and welcome to the community.

What you wrote here (above) is what I really want to address - because at the end of the day, esoteric quotes of common faith aren't, I think, what you're looking for or what you need. You have a faith in Christ that's real - and you know that - but your crisis isn't about your faith in Him. I think your real crisis is "where do I go from here?"

A lot of the regular members on this board are people who got involved with the LC from somewhere else. Some encountered it as adults (like I did), some as young people in College.... we all had very different lives before the LC, and while it took a lot for us to turn away from friends and an organization we had devoted our lives too... we had something to go back to. But your involvement goes deeper. What I hear you saying is that you were born into the movement... and if that's the case, you don't have a life to go back to from before the LC. Maybe you don't even have friends on the outside to help you get out (or see the world from a perspective outside the LC).

Freedom, there is HOPE. The truth is, GOD is working - and has worked - to show you something; and it's the same thing we saw. Grace is at work here and you will be in our prayers. What the LC does and is doing to all it's members and most particularly second generation members - is isolating you. Isolating you from the Body of Christ at large, isolating you from the world. That's not biblical. We are called by Christ (see John 17:16-26) to be One with other Believers (and the fervency of His prayer makes it clear that the enemy will be very much opposed to that). We are told that while we may not be "of" the world, we are called by Christ to be "IN" it - bearing witness of Him and bringing light to a dark place.

I'd like to give you practical advice.... and I don't know if I have any. What I can offer is my own testimony, and prayers for you. Brother, your eyes have been opened. You may not have an exit strategy, but your Father does. The first step is realizing you have to take a first step.

PS: This site is great for reading about the real history of the movement your in, but the LC system isn't unique in what it did to it's members. Reading about other's peoples experiences in similar groups can be of benefit too.... I'd suggest checking out http://www.theholdemans.com/Compare.htm . I think they offered a lot of insights that you might not otherwise get here, as they've designed their website specifically to help people in situations like yours.

Take care, and may God continue to bless you and lend you His peace, which surpasses all understanding.
"Only the golden lampstands, the local churches, are the testimony of Jesus....if you are not in the local churches you are not the testimony of Jesus." Witness Lee Local ChurchWitness Lee, The Stream magazine Nov. 1976, p.7)

I wonder where that leaves us?