View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #15
JJ

Default Re: Has Lee really embellished and distorted Nee's works ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
The only book Nee wrote was "Spiritual Man", and that was largely cribbed, without attribution, from Penn-Lewis (The Christian and War against the Saints I believe). I once read the publisher's preface to the Second Edition where they said as much.

The English titles from CFP were done by Elizabeth Fischbacher and Angus Kinnear, who went round with Nee and recorded and transcribed his talks. I know they did Keswick - "The Normal Christian Life" and perhaps more. I also heard Ruth Lee did this too: she was his "editorial section" for years. Steven Kaung? So there's 4 possible original sources.

Where did LSM get Nee documents? I don't know. Same source? Different source? I know that the LSM editors "polish" Lee's oral messages to remove some of the more inflammatory stuff. Maybe the LSM did this with Nee? Even added stuff? No way to know, that I can tell.
I may have confused Christian Literature Crusade (CLC) with CFP https://www.clcpublications.com/about/FP, and vice versa. Both published Nee, and some of their books were in my local churches’ book room in the late 1970’s. (and I bought and read them).

CFP also publishes Steven Kaung books. http://www.c-f-p.com/

Lee always said that LSM used notes taken by Chinese saints during Nee’s spoken conferences and trainings as the basis for LSM’s Nee books. I don’t recall who he said took the notes that formed the basis for the books. I understood that he had taken some notes himself, but others had as well. Lee claimed to have been entrusted with the Chinese publication work of Nee when Nee sent him to Taiwan after the communist take over of China and was exhorted by Nee to preserve the publication work in Taiwan.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote