View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #41
TLFisher

Default Re: Two Year Training Testimonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLaLa View Post
Meanwhile in the LC you get constantly bombarded with guilt/shaming tactics all through high school, college and the FTT and as a result are incapable of fostering a healthy relationship with someone of the opposite sex.
Very true. I have quite a unique story how I get married to be saved for another time, but how I got there was a salvation by the Local church dysfunction of being single. If you're a single brother and you want to approach a single sister, you feel as if all eyes are on you. Who knows how much worse a single sister would feel being approached by a single brother? Guilt trip shaming is the result.
My experience with elders only intensifies the dysfunction. I open up to an elder expecting compassion and counseling, but instead I get "maybe you're meant to remain single". A possibility, but not a compassionate or encouraging word. Only supports the notion LC elders administrators of a system rather than shepherds of a flock.