View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
Elden1971

Default Re: Our Journey to Elden in Jan 1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Brother Terry,

Welcome to the Forum. I was active in the LC's from the mid-70's to the mid-00's. It was the impending quarantines by the Blended Brothers in Anaheim and local conflicts which caused me to step away and study the Recovery from a distance. At that time the gnawing question in my mind could be summarized: "How could something so good become so bad?"

Thanks for clearing up the error about being your being Daystar's tax accountant. Can you confirm that Don Hardy was an officer for Daystar? Can you also confirm that Witness Lee, and others like Francis Ball, knew that laws were being broken, and were properly informed beforehand.

We have had lengthy threads concerning the events surrounding Daystar. Please correct any other issues which might have been wrongly posted.
Brother Lee took serious advantage of Francis and put him at serious risk. I was close friends with Francis and his wife Martha lived with us briefly before they married. Francis would and did do anything Bro. Lee asked. When I explained the potential liability to Francis he was shocked and terrified. I was greatly relieved when the statute of limitations expired as Francis would have faced serious criminal and civil consequences.

Don Hardy was shocked when he discovered Phillip Lee was "cooking the books" in other words maintaining two sets of books. Don was outraged and resigned as an officer. Bro. Lee was himself an accountant and had to be complicit with Phillip as he personally funneled money through Francis and others. I have direct proof of this as I prepared the tax returns for Francis and heard first hand from him that Bro. Lee gave him the funds and told him what to do with them and of course I saw the actual bank statements.

Brother Lee and others were advised by Benton Fonner of the illegal and fraudulent nature of the Daystar offering. Daystar was the pivotal turning point for Brother Lee and Phillip and Timothy in the US. It is well documented of their previous business failings in Taiwan and the Phillipines. Bro. Lee came to me in Anaheim asking for Business advice as I had successfully invested for 39 Chinese clients in Taipei, Tainan and Brazil as well as Anaheim and had gained their trust and respect. I later traveled to Taiwan to meet personally with two brothers in Taipei and the other in Tainan. One of my sons has lived in Taiwan for 6 years and two years in China. I visited Beijing for 3 weeks about 3 years ago. I have been retired for 7 years and have no interest in discussing Daystar except to set the record straight. I knew personally all the major players and most of the investors and can say in summary that it was a disaster.

I have spent the last 25 years reviewing all the Brethren literature at www.stempublishing.com and my wife and I have assisted the T. Austin Sparks book ministry out of Tulsa. We know the sister who set up and operates www.austin-sparks.net out of New Zealand. Her personal site is www.unveiling.org
We are currently working with indigenous Christian workers in Kenya and Bangladesh and my websites are www.pamojacenter.com and [URL="http://www.riseupkenya.com"]www.riseupkenya.com
Elden1971 is offline   Reply With Quote