View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #1019
Ohio

Default Re: The Problem of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Yes, the same motivation that was behind the gap creation theory is still at work today. And science is even a bigger problem than it was for Chalmers, Pember, Nee, and Lee ... and even for possibly you. I don't know.

It all starts out with one premise, that, the Bible is the very word of God and is true. Like Nee stated, science can be questioned, but the Bible is beyond question.

So now that science seems to be a truer revelation than those from ancient Biblical days, let's just claim that not only is the Bible a book of science, but also claim that demonology and theology are sciences as well. Then, cognitive consonance for Bible worshipers is found again.

All this proves is that, in the battle between the Bible and science, science is winning ... even in the minds of the Bible worshipers.
Did some scientist die for your sins? Have you decided to cast your lot with scientists?

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and bring to nothing the understanding of the experts. Where is the philosopher? Where is the scholar? God has turned the wisdom of the world into nonsense, hasn't He? For seeing that in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom knew not God, it was God's good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe."