View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 03:26 AM   #25
aron

Default Re: Practically engaged to an LCer

(Continued..)

Mr X: "God shows his love to us by sending His Son. His Son shows his love for us by laying down his life on our behalf. I could quote you verses but they're already well-known. Now, how is a gathering-together (ekklesia) with an obsessive focus on one man's ministry a continuation of that out-poured love?"

Mr Y: "We gather in His name and celebrate his out-poured love, on the ground of oneness, in His revealed economy."

Mr X: "Okay, fine, but where's the issue, besides meetings, meetings, meetings, again with the rigid fixation on one person's teachings? The only outreach that I see is to recruit others to the meetings meetings meetings. Where's the giving to those who cannot repay you in this age? That is the command of the Saviour, and is the logical extension of the first two expressions of love that I cited earlier, that of the Father and the Son."

Mr Y: "We have a different focus - our view is to release the truth for the building of the Body and the consummation of the age."

Mr X: "The continuation of the flow of love, seen in our behaviours toward others unlike ourselves, is the building and the consummation. Not interminable meetings."

Now, notice that at the end, Mr. X has indeed expressed an opinion. But I daresay Mr. Y was expressing the opinion of a publishing house in Anaheim, California.
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
But still, we can try to have a conversation with "the other", who's really an extension of our lost "self". Only in being open to the other, do we find the way home. "What you do to the least of these, you do to me". So we try to have a discussion. We try to remain in the light, that reveals God's love towards us in His Son Jesus Christ.