View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 05:13 AM   #7
Evangelical

Default Re: New Jane Anderson Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Perhaps the issue was more of translation & transmission & interpretation, not composition. (I'm guessing, here).

Compare this to Lee, who said something like 75% of the composition of the Psalms was "natural", "fallen human concepts" & not revelatory of God.
Whatever the reason, I can't find much support in the Christian scholarly literature for the idea that all of these passages are mistranslated, other than Bushnell. She doesn't really have a case unless all of the verses that disprove her view are "lemons" and I don't think it is likely that all of them are mistranslated to the degree claimed.

Before I came to the Recovery and still now I believe in the doctrine of biblical preservation:

https://www.gotquestions.org/preservation-Bible.html

The doctrine of preservation in regard to Scripture means that the Lord has kept His Word intact as to its original meaning. Preservation simply means that we can trust the Scriptures because God has sovereignly overseen the process of transmission over the centuries.

the differences are extremely small and insignificant and do not in any way affect the basic teachings or meaning of God’s Word

If Scripture were not supernaturally preserved, there would be no way to ensure the consistency of the message it contains.

The claims of mistranslations I think go beyond "extremely small and insignificant differences".
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote