View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #60
awareness

Default Re: New Jane Anderson Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
My friend Harold, didn't your mommy teach you that "good things come to those who wait". Your running ahead and trying to force the ending before we even get started. That may play well over on Alt Views, but not over here on the main floor of this popcorn stand.

One of the great loses we suffered under the ministry of Witness Lee was the rejection of systematic theology. (Lee also taught his followers to reject, even mock, biblical theology...but that is a subject for another day).

Short excerpt from Wiki:
Systematic theology draws on the foundational sacred texts of Christianity, while simultaneously investigating the development of Christian doctrine over the course of history

I thought it might be helpful for us to take a step back and "begin at the beginning" as it were. I'm sure there will be plenty of agreeing to disagree as we go along, but I think we can at least come to some common understanding of "the course of history" as recorded in the Bible. Obviously these makes the start line the opening chapters of Genesis.
-
My bad. So how long should I stay in the hole this time?