View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #117
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: If you were in Scottsdale would you take the Table..

At this morning's Thursday brothers' breakfast (about 15 of us from SC and various groups), we got a little excited talking about the Lord's Table and the recent sharing about it! (and a brother suggest I post about it on here)

We started by looking a the Luke 22:15 verse I mentioned earlier and the Greek words translated "desire" and "desired." The first desire in this verse is a word that is most often translated as "lust." Translated thusly Jesus said, "I have lusted with great desire to eat this Passover with you." His passion for doing this with His chosen ones (disciples) was so very pregnant with meaning - the terminating of all the Old Covenant and inaugurating the New Covenant.

And this morning we were really impressed with the one loaf and what that really means. This is the oneness among ALL believers that He went to the cross to bring about . That is, He put a new heart (singular) into us. One Spirit. One body. One purpose. One loaf!

(Along with seeing this one loaf, we also saw how this true meaning of the eating of the table has been purposely attacked and degraded. Now, in many places, it is actually something of a dividing ritual. It's become something that you have to join and become an exclusive "member" in, in order to partake of their "table." At the least, the full appreciation of the table is not present and it has become something of a form no one is very passionate about. How far this wonderful display and appreciation of oneness has fallen among us - Lord help us and save us!)

We also learned this morning that because we're seeing so much regarding this wonderful topic, there will be at least a 4th brother speaking on it, and maybe even a 5th!

We are one brothers and sisters!