View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #59
awareness

Default Re: OUR SHARED HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Does anyone know of the recent move by Dong Yu Lan in Taiwan? I heard that a big conference was held there not too many months ago, and a lot of the heavy hitters from Brazil were there. Several thousand attended, I heard. Who did the Brazilians meet with in Taiwan? With Watchman Nee groups or disaffected Witness Lee groups?

Look how the bolded quote on 'emanna' has changed. Here is what it says today:

"Prior to the Communist takeover in 1949, Witness Lee was sent by Watchman Nee and his other co-workers to Taiwan to insure that the things delivered to them by the Lord would not be lost."

Not only has the date changed, but now the ''impending imprisonment of them both'' idea is no longer mentioned. The first quote, from Friedel's copy, assumes that Nee knew he was going to be imprisoned, and made plans, including the sending of Lee elsewhere. That seems convenient, in retrospect, given that he was later imprisoned. But was it really assumed by Nee at that time that he would end up in prison? Were the words & movements of Nee in 1949-52 those of an incipient martyr or rather of someone who was seeking accommodation with the Communists instead? I find that the "rather than both of them being imprisoned" theme, which I'd heard when I was in the Lee movement, to be too convenient. Interesting that they've dropped this line from the official record.
I recently read that Lee begged to go to Taiwan. It wasn't as if, the Senior Apostle of the Lord was sending the junior apostle of the Lord.

Lee always spun the top so he was on it.

I think when Nee stated "Christians lie" he was thinking of Witness Lee.

And I think when we talk of Nee and Lee we should remember we're speaking of two different people.