View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #39
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Egalitarianism Vs. Complementarianism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Notice the part about being in subjection to their husbands. This means if the husband is an elder his aged wife who could be considered an 'elder' to the women in their care are not qualified to lead a church. The elder woman teaches the younger women to be in subjection as she herself is. The egalitarian view of equality is wrong. This rules out both a single aged elder female leading a church and also a married female whether she is an elder to the younger women or not.
Interesting take. I have a different view, but definitely, your interpretation fits neatly into mine.

12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ... 23 and those parts of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness; 24 whereas our comely parts have no need: but God tempered the body together, giving more abundant honor to that part which lacked;

So I would ask you a few simple questions.

1. In the church, which are our comely members, the brothers or the sisters? (Hint -- anyone who is married knows there is only one right answer).

2. On which members has Paul bestowed more abundant honor, the brothers or sisters?

3. Which members have no need? (This is a little tougher to understand but as your earlier post about how brothers refuse to go to churches that seem "too feminine" suggests, one of these requires their ego to be stroked and for one there is no need).

4. Which members are "lacking" in the church -- brothers or sisters?