View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #100
Ohio

Default Re: What is the boundary of the Local Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I think that "mercy" is a great topic. The LC was based on judgment: that "Christanity" had become utterly corrupt and must be abandoned. Where is the mercy? Where the considering and receiving others, "just as I am, without one plea"? Where's the bearing one another in love? Where the covering?

When Witness Lee sinned we were told to "cover drunken Noah" but Lee was signally disinterested to aid or cover in the frailties of others.

And yet the bare, unrelenting principle of the NT is that what you do to others you do to yourself. To those who show mercy, mercy is shown; those who show no mercy receive none.
WL loved to compare the "best" of his ministry (e.g. some young teen giving a wonderful training review) with the "worst" of Christianity, thinking it was somehow a fair comparison. There actually are LC brothers today who are convinced the rest of the body of Christ has absolutely nothing of Christian/spiritual value -- not meetings, not books, not gospel, not shepherding, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
"Mercy and truth met together, righteousness and peace kissed each other." ~ Psalm 85:10

We could spend our lifetimes exploring the deep connotations of these words.
These all happened at the cross of Christ!

The so-called "low gospel" of the recovery. Go figure!