View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:20 AM   #787
Cal

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
It may sound like semantics, but I know what I mean! :-) Sorry I can't pass it on better. Bottom line I guess is that Jesus didn't say his sheep would "sense life". He said his sheep "hear his voice", and to me that means WORDS. I've never heard an audible but I've heard words in my heart, my soul, my mind.
I'm with you, Nell. I'm on record as saying that one of Lee's biggest blunders was to separate "life" from the Person of Christ. (Remember Lee contrasting "taking Christ as your life" with "taking Christ as your person?" The irony is not only was splitting them wrong, both individually as defined by Lee were wrong.)

Yes, we are in relationship with a Person, he speaks to us as a person. We should never forget that God is always a Person, metaphorical descriptions of him (food, water, life, power, etc.) notwithstanding. The fact is Lee used the term "Christ" in a depersonalized way, almost as if he was speaking of a substance rather than a person. I remember a brother I lived with commenting that "Christ" was a kind of "stuff," like a protein drink or something, to be imbibed to gain it's benefits directly, without needing a real personal relationship.

A depersonalized God is an error that leads to more errors.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote