View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #15
A little brother

Default Re: Introduction from "A little brother"

Aron, Thanks for your advice on reading. I am trying to do a bit of both - reading lots of books and not reading lots of books. I have to make sure I spend enough time to go back to the Bible, the sole origin of all other good spiritual books. I also find it important to ask good questions in the first place. As it is stated, asked and it will be given to you, seek and you will find. Sometimes, I am amazed by how my questions were wonderfully answered from the Word of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
If you start to get discernment then you'll get discernment on how to help people, heal and feed them. And you'll be preserved from being a discouraged member or a bitter, confused and alienated ex-member. As I said, the path will open before you.
Admittedly I do feel discouraged and even angry from time to time in the LC. But looking at the bright side, the difficult environment drives me to seek more earnestly the truth from our Lord and the way to convey the truth to others. I think it gives me more spiritual growth than staying in a comfort zone.