View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 04:30 AM   #20
Dave

Default Re: Doug Krieger testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
So Dave, you never ran into Doug Krieger during your days in Santa Cruz? Weren't you there during at least part of the time he says that he was very active there?
I was there at the very beginning in early spring 1969. Karl Hammond was living temporarily in an apartment with his wife and had only been in SC a short time. There were only 5 of us meeting every morning at his apartment: Karl, Helen (his wife), a couple of hippies who Karl had just brought to the Lord (John and Pat Wagner) and myself (my wife joined us later). Karl later purchased a home where we continued to meet and Paul Ma later moved to SC and bought a home a couple houses down from Karl. I remember having an out of this world several course Chinese dinner at Paul Ma's home one evening. In 1971 we started building a place to meet on Doyle street since we had grown to about 125. WL came to SC in 1970 and I had dinner with him, my wife and Karl's daughter and her husband (Bob and Annie Griffith) at his daughter's home since they had moved to SC as well.

I left in the summer of 1971 to Detroit as part of a migration. I knew Karl very well and he had mixed emotions about WL asking me to move to Detroit but thought that it might be a sign that WL was giving him some recognition to his efforts in SC. Karl always knew he was kind of a renegade but wanted some level of acceptance from Lee.

During this entire time of over two years I never met Doug Krieger nor even heard of him. I was actively involved in the growth of SC while I was there (1969-1971) attending the university in SC. Dave Becker, his wife Jill and Dennis Lawrence and his wife Dee accepted the Lord and were baptized in the Atlantic Ocean in SC in late 1969 and sometime after I left for Detroit in July 1971 became the elders in the SC church.

Doug does not say what specific years he was in SC but indicates that he was responsible for its initial growth which is pure nonsense as I indicated earlier. Of course, awareness was in SC in 1971 but I doubt he remembers anyone named Krieger. I have a service group list from Jan 1971 in SC of 15 groups and Krieger is not mentioned. His story is a fabrication.