View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #159
JB482

Default Re: Christ is the Body, "the Body-Christ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I can't find the quote by JB482, but will use this one.

If the church is entirely heavenly, why is Jesus called the king of Israel? If it were not to be so, he would have refuted it. But he repeatedly accepted the term as spoken, without comment. See John 1:49, Acts 1:6; cf John 19:3.

If there are no more Jews and Greeks, why did Paul write the gentiles that they owed the Jews, and not figuratively but in cash? (Rom 15:27; 2 Cor 8:1- 9:15) If we think Paul was doing this begrudgingly then why did he say he was eager to? (Gal 2)

Why did Paul bring alms to his nation? (Acts 24:17)

Do we wave all this off as irrelevant? Was Paul mistaken, along with John, Peter, and James? Then we must have a re-written NT. Similar to the one Jefferson used - he took out all the objectionable parts. Just believe the parts that align with your doctrine. Ignore the rest.

(I do NOT say this of JB or others writing here, but that was the experience I had in the LC. We were the "new Israel" and could freely ignore or re-write what had come before, to suit our present [selfish and myopic] needs).
Jesus was the earthly Messiah to the Jewish Nation. When He came (born as a babe conceived by the Holy Spirit in the virgin's womb) He came as their Messiah,He was the fulfillment of all the promises which were given to Abraham and the Father's. The Jews were looking for an earthly Messiah. But when Jesus began His Ministry He told them My Kingdom is not of this World,He came announcing the Kingdom of Heaven. So there was always friction between Jesus and the Pharisees. What the Jews failed to realize in the prophetic writings about the Messiah was that they show two comings of Christ. After the Jews rejected Christ and collaborated with the Romans to crucify Him,all the Jewish promises concerning the earthly Messiah were suspended by God until in the future when they will say blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. But in the interim after Christ's death and resurrection is the Church age. When Christ returns publicly with all the saints with Him at the end of the great tribulation He will save a Jewish remnant and then Christ will reign as King of Israel and all the promises to the Jewish Nation will be fulfilled. Does this make sense? Anyway this is how I see it in the word.
JB482 is offline   Reply With Quote