View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #36
Trapped

Default Re: How do you know the Lord's leading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I will try - my way of telling Aron "you could put more effort into answering the question than using it to attack the recovery". I have taken the Psalm thing to the other thread where it belongs. The Psalm topic is something Aron and I have gone back and forth on for a while. Whatever helps you is the main thing. What will help one person will not help another - everyone is different. When I think about it some of the advice Aron, others and myself gave you is the very similar - make a choice, step out by faith, and God will lead. This may be opposite to a "wait and see" approach. I believe that God leads us in different ways depending on our maturity. Just as we would lead a child differently to how we would lead an adult. I would think about where I am at spiritually and what is the most appropriate way for God to lead me. As a new believer maybe dreams and visions are appropriate. As I get older maybe an inner thought or a hunch. Maybe a wait and see approach is better for someone impulsive. For someone more cautious and reserved, maybe a "go for it" approach is better.

Thanks, I agree.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote