View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Olvin

Default My Testimony: Olvin

I came into the LC in Cleveland a couple of months before the 82 winter training, it changed my christian life, which even up to that point was quit given by His grace. I am quit confident that I had read the Bible more than most of the young brothers in the LC, and yet none could convince me that mans salvation was secure; during the Peter training I got perfectly clear, and my brother, our brother Lee was not even discussing our eternal salvation. I and 40 other brothers were in the first one year full time traing TC held in Cleveland, it was the most profitable year of my life to date. I learned to how to study, how to share, how to discern. John Ingles taught church history, out from which came the Fristfruit series; this more than anything opened my eyes to how the Lord is building His Church, His Kingdom in spite of the frailty, the weakness, the stubbornness and sinfulness of His vessels.

I don't think there are many who have suffered more indignities than myself in the local church. Still I challenge all who post here to do this: take your biblical understanding; subtract all the revelation you have received from "the ministry" and consider what you are left with. Can you minister life with that? Do you still see God's purpose, do you yet know the mystery of the human life? I doubt.

Now before you assume that I am definding anything or one, I'll tell you I was excommunicated by TC. I said and wrote some of the same things I am reading on here. First I complained to brother WL about TC lording it over the flock. Then I learned that brother Lee, when confronted with his error only defended himself in his free book defending all the allegations brought himself. I knew then, as devastated as I was, that though I could no longer sit under this type leadership. What I didn't know then, was that most brothers can't separate the work The Lord does through man from the man. So I could find no brothers who were like minded according to the recovered truth (I assume you understand) who were willing to meet apart from LMS.

There is so much I could say, sooo much... but we must get on with it. We should not think these things strange. We have the bible, we have church history,and we also have a promise "I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail...
Olvin is offline   Reply With Quote