View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #77
awareness

Default Re: How to help people whose friends and relatives are active members of th

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
What bothers me about this is that if RK was such an intellectual, he should have been the first one to say "wait a minute, that's not what it says." But it would appear that he joined the rest of us and checked the most important part of his brain at the door. He refused to keep his "Berean" mind and instead turned into a rubber stamp. With credentials like his, for him to agree with Lee was a "false positive" confirmation.
Yeah, something is out of whack with brother Ron Kangas. I can't explain it either. Maybe my impressions of him back in Detroit were illusions. But he had a Teddy Bear side, and I loved him. He called me from Anaheim when I was going thru my turmoils in the C. of Ft. Lauderdale. He pleaded with me to come to Anaheim, selling me on a new wonderful flow. He cried.

He's got a lovable side.

He was the most intellectual Christian I have ever personally known. And widely informed of world religions. But I guess even great minds can slip a cog. To me, now, what RK appears to have become is a mystery, wrapped in a conundrum, wrapped in an enigma. But he had leadership written all over him, back in those days.

And look at him now. Y'all praise his sermons. I'm baffled. Maybe I can't put my finger on it (maybe his wife drove him crazy - I've seen her shame in meetings), but my dear brother Ron doesn't appear to be right in the head ; more than a screw loose, a part missing.

How could he not take a principled stand against Lee allowing his sinful sons to stain the testimony of Christ (and the ministry, BTW)? Maybe I was so enamored with his brain that I missed his character flaws ... or he hid them very well, with his good preacher persona.