View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #136
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: "God died on the cross."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Biblical proof that the flesh of Christ is God prior to the ascension is found in John 20:27-28.

John 20:27
Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

John 20:28
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Thomas proclaimed Christ to be God after touching Christ's flesh. This is before the ascension so ZNP is wrong that Christ's flesh only became God after ascension - it was God on the cross, it was God in Mary's womb. All of Christ, flesh included, was God. All of Christ, flesh included, was also human.

If we believe that Jesus was God, then we must believe that every part of Jesus was God. We cannot say this part of Him is God and this other part of him is not, or that one part of him was God sometimes and not at other times.

Christianity traditionally has thought of Jesus's whole person as being God - flesh and all. Not part of him being God and another part of him being human, but being God and human at the same time in the one person.

This is why I can quote early church fathers and Luther about this, and ZNP cannot. ZNP's view that Christ's flesh became God after the ascension and Jesus's flesh being a tent that God walks around in, is a novel interpretation.
20:17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

This was said "early in the morning" whereas the verse you give where Jesus allows Thomas to touch Him was in the evening. Clearly Jesus has already ascended to the Father -- this is the secret ascension that Witness Lee refers to.