View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 03:23 AM   #42
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: God in life and nature... oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
So, what are you saying? That Jesus was not God when he died? That he became God when he ascended? Based on this post plus several of your previous posts it seems like it. Although you use the term "incarnation", it isn't clear what you mean by it if Jesus didn't become God until he ascended.
No, I am agreeing that Jesus incarnation, human living, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension brought humanity into divinity.

You might remember the references to the "all inclusive processed triune God".

I can find lots of credible scriptural references to support each of these processes, both in the NT and the OT typology. Whereas the only reference in the NT I can find that the Son of God was crucified and shed His blood is from demons. In addition every time this doctrine was proposed in the NT Jesus corrected it saying He was "the Son of Man".

Therefore I am cognizant of the fact that the Triune God is a mystery. Since I begin with he assumption that I do not understand this mystery I refuse to step outside of what the Bible actually says. I guess this is where I and WL differ.

If you agree with WL that "God died" then who is to say that God was really God in the first place? If you argue that He didn't really die, it was in fact a kind of pretend death then you make the crucifixion a pretend death. You have no scriptural basis for making the first claim and therefore no defense against those who make either of these two claims. Likewise the argument that "The Son of God" died but not the Father or Spirit is simply another version of 3 Gods. You cannot make this claim and still worship "one God".

According to the NT when Rachel's kids died "they were no more". According to the NT not one jot or tittle of the word will pass away until all things be completed. If the word passed away who was holding the universe together? You turn the entire Bible into a lie, a pretense, a falsehood.

2 hath at the end of these days spoken unto us in his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds; 3 who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 having become by so much better than the angels, as he hath inherited a more excellent name than they.

The word "made purification of sins" just like a priest offering up a sacrifice. Jesus body was inhabited by this word which was spirit, the body though was the sacrifice, including the blood. This body was not worthy to be part of the Godhead until after the ascension.

9 But we behold him who hath been made a little lower than the angels, even Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for every man.