View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #26
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: God in life and nature... oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
This is Christianity 101. If we believe that God became a man then surely whatever happens to God in the flesh is happening to God. Unless you believe that Jesus is not fully God?
You are ducking and dodging the question. Ohio asked you for a verse reference, instead you give us this logical explanation, which is exactly what I said WL does, reductio ad absurdem.

Was the blood of Jesus that was poured out on the cross the blood of God?

If all you are saying is that since Jesus is God, and He experienced death, then it is fair to say God experienced death. I have already said this much is true.

That is not the question. The question is did "God" die on the cross based on the interpretation that it was "God's" blood?

Because if you say yes then how do you explain Jesus asking "My God why have you forsaken me?"

How could God judge Jesus flesh with all of man's sins if it was in fact His flesh?

How could Jesus death be a peace offering to God for man's sins if in fact it was God's body and blood that was being offered?

You have simplified "the word became flesh" to "God became man". The process of God becoming man was not completed at the incarnation but at the ascension. Jesus was the forerunner, the first man to enter into the Godhead so that there would be a place for us as well. All of this took place at the ascension, after His crucifixion.

Just as we "partake of the divine nature" God partook of our human nature so that through death He could render powerless the devil. (Heb 2:14). That proves that God is not able to die.

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, Heb 2:14

Bible 101 -- God is the great I am. I am that I am.

But according to Evangelical and WL God died and wasn't.