View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #113
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
ZNP>”Drake refuses to give a coherent defense of this doctrine using the Bible even though he has elevated it to the items of the faith, things that we cannot compromise on”

ZNP,

Brother, I did not say this nor did I characterize as above.

My position on this is outlined in my last response to zeek (#62) and then to you (#104) a few posts back. Put those two together and you have my actual view.

Thanks
Drake
OK, sorry, I was referring to a different post you gave, but here is the summation of those two posts:

God selects a leader to carry out the ministry of that age. If you believe as I do that the Lord has recovered the truth of the local churches as the procedure to build the Body of Christ to close the present age then without question both Brother Nee and Brother Lee were those lead ministers. I also hold that the ministry of the age is a special calling. Anyone may participate but not everyone will. To me that is a matter of being faithful to what the Lord has shown each one.

Therefore, though there are many and varied paths one a christian can take as relates to their church life, I have to take the one that the Lord has shown me and be faithful to that. The ministry of the age will have a leader, a lead minister, and a supporting cast of ministers. Yet, the real question is what is the ministry of the age and if one does not agree that such a thing exists or that it is not of the local churches then it matters not about the minister of the age and the whole conversation is moot.

The primary question is “what is the ministry of the age?” First, do you believe there is such a thing? If not, then all considerations about the minister of the age are moot.

If you believe there is a ministry of the age then do you believe the Lord raises up someone to take the lead in that age? If not, then all considerations about the minister of the age are moot.

If you believe that there is a ministry of the age and you also believe that God raises up someone to take the lead in that age then identifying the lead minister in that age is directly tied to the definition of the ministry of the age. Therefore, I believe that the ministry of the age is that the Lord has a special calling to return to the oneness in practicality expressed through local churches as the procedure to build the Body of Christ to consummate the present age and thereby hasten the Lords return to establish His physical kingdom on earth for 1000 years. In this I’m not following a doctrine, I am pursuing a vision. And without question if you believe that is the definition of the ministry of the age then there is also no doubt who the lead ministers of the age are.... Brothers Nee and Lee.

Clearly, with Drake everything hinges on the doctrine of "The Ground of the Church". If that were proven to be unscriptural, then everything else falls.

I do agree with him that if the "Ground of the Church" as taught bey Nee and Lee were scriptural then it would change a lot. However, I have come to the conclusion that this doctrine is unscriptural.