View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #33
bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyprettyokay View Post
And, I would hate to see this discussion moved to the Women's Only thread.

When this sort of bigotry exists, everyone needs to hear it. OBW, I really do understand your point. I do not enjoy entering into sort of theological discussions at all --- they usually seem so circular to me. But if you know that this is what women were taught at that place, it becomes relevant.

Control on any level was what WL was all about. All holds barred for the sake of control.
I have been following with interest this thread about Witness Lee’s teaching on women. Some people may wonder why the women in the LC went along with this. In addition to our being enthralled with WL’s grasp of the scriptures, many of us also were very idealistic regarding paying heed to the Word. The verse I Corinthians 11:3, which states that “the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” is an encouragement to women as they put their hope in God and trust that their husband will be under the headship of Christ. I for one believed that the more I submitted to my husband, the more accountable to Christ he would be. However, in daily living this may take quite a long time to be worked out due to fallen human nature. And surely this is why this is a problem not only in the LC.
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote