View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #53
countmeworthy

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
OBW has caught a lot of flack for suggesting that everything from the LC should be dumped. Although I too have thought he was a little too insistent on this, I think his point is that, in a way, it might be better to relearn all Christian doctrine, including the stuff the LC got right, rather than clinging tightly to it because you like it so much.
I think I've pretty much dumped everything of the LC except my love for the saints. Of course, I've been out a lot longer than most of you and my time there was a lot shorter than most of you. However, I was pretty 'consecrated to Christ and the church', until it became
'the church AND Christ' and from there
to "LEE and the Lord's recovery".

Isn't that the way it went?

Quote:
So his point isn't that everything in the LC is wrong. His point is you have to relearn everything to get it right anyway so you might as well get started as soon as possible.
Yeppers! And remember... it's all about getting to know the LORD all over again for yourself. Don't rely on others for you to get to know Father GOD, Lord and King Jesus, His Son and Word and Holy Spirit, God's Voice and Counselor. Otherwise, it becomes the same story in a different setting.

Get to Know HIM in you and outside of you. He is omnipresent after all.

Quote:
I had to basically start over with everything to gain a healthier perspective.
Me too. First thing I did was throw away all the Nee and Lee books. Since then I bought one or 2 Nee books but not from LSM. LOL! That was early on. (Currently, I have pretty much stopped reading spiritual books by anyone!!)

Then I had to stop checking with my RcV to see what Lee had to say about a particular topic. It was then I realized 30 yrs after I had left the LC, how much my soul was attached to it. Then I started going to 'church'. I tried very hard to fit in. after 5 yrs, I didn't. Some of you have and that's great! Maybe that is where YOU are being used MIGHTILY by GOD. OR, where He is teaching you a thing or two ! Like he did me. As for me, I am free from the church organizations now. Took a long time but by the Wonderful Grace of God, He set this captive free!

Some of my friends who were never part of the LC and have left the church organization reminded me how God hates the works of the Nicolaetians. WOW!... That's right, I thought!!!!!!!!!!! So, going back and studying history and being around strong followers and lovers of Lord Jesus Christ has helped me put things into perspective.

Quote:
Clinging to pet LC doctrines just slowed the process of real growth.
Indeed it did ! Just getting the LC lingo out of your system is a BEAR! Then realizing nobody understands what it was like to be an LCr...especially for those of you who are / have been it for a gazillion years will make you feel like a fish out of water!

But God is Good. And He will help you put it all behind you because God is a REAL PERSON and HE created YOU in His image and likeness. He LOVES US. HE LOVES YOU AND HE LOVES ME! NEVER EVER FORGET THAT!!! He did not create us in the image and likeness of Lee and the LRC !! JESUS is our Deliverer and our Rescuer ! Behold. He makes ALL things new!! Never forget that either!!!!!!!

Quote:
This was especially true with that which you might see as an LC strength--the matter of inner life. But stuff like "the law of life," "the element of God", "mingling," "God's nature being wrought into us," "the divine dispensing," and a host of others just had to go. Ironically, they got in the way of my relationship with God.
Yes siree re-bob!!! Knowledge doesn't get us close to the LORD.. talking to HIM..being REAL with Him and asking Him to help us change our stinking thinking. Asking Him to help us to see things as He sees things. To Love what He loves and hate what He hates..and to help us in our weaknesses.

LOVE YOU ALL !!

Carol
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote