View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #91
IDon'tKnow

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
There has been focus on Daystar and it's nebulous history. What about the saints that were stumbled? Was there any concern for those that lost heart over how the Daystar situation was handled?
I realize it's been 35 years since and many meeting in the local churches came in after Daystar. Still there is a number meeting who can recall. Instead of searching for the one lost coin, it's swept out the door so the wind can blow the coin where it may.
This episode in history should be a learning experience and which direction not to take.

Terry
Terry

I see your point it is very easy for us to say when others are stumbled that they needed to take the cross and that it is their loss. But we also have to see that if it were that easy then the Lord would have returned 2000 years ago. I don't really know how to say this but I guess that if we find that in order to protect the fold we cannot repent to and look after the lost one, then in essence we have sacrificed the fold already because the fold then simply becomes a collection of sheep of which anyone could be sacrificed at enemy time for the greater good. (At this point this is just musing I'm not certain where I am with this).

Anyway does anyone no the story behind this. I.E. those who were discouraged over Daystar, how were they treated. Was their any kind of public repentance or was just a situation where all involved were expected to go on as if nothing had happened.
IDon'tKnow is offline   Reply With Quote