View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #98
A little brother

Default Re: Now's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I'm more interested in what it means in 1 Cor 13.
I am not surprised, many people are more interested in what they want to see instead of what God wants them to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Outside of the New Testament, the word agape is used in a variety of contexts, but in the New Testament it takes on a distinct meaning. Agape is used to describe the love that is of and from God, whose very nature is love itself: “God is love” (1 John 4:8). God does not merely love; He is love itself.

https://www.gotquestions.org/agape-love.html

It is interesting that you are disputing fairly standard interpretations of 1 Cor 13 to say that it does not mean God's love. I find that people's knowledge of the Bible on this forum, in general, is poor. So poor in fact, that it suits many to deny even what is commonly believed in Christianity.
Don't twist what I said. I was just pointing out your mistake saying "apape" means God's love. The verses I referred to prove it.

1 Cor 13 is talking about God's love. Not because of "agape" but the whole context. The "person" is not in the "agape" but the "God's" in the context. We simply know the kind of love mentioned by Paul there could not come from anyone else but God.
A little brother is offline   Reply With Quote