View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #37
Ohio

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
I have a love-hate relationship with the "Recovery church life". I love it because I have way too many friends and loved ones in it. And I love all my brothers and sisters in the Lord (whether in or outside of the Recovery). Yet I hate the system so much. I especially hate the way we walk around thinking that we are it (God's move on the earth) when we are just the same as all the other Christians outside the "church life". I'm beginning to see less and less of a difference between "us" and "them". In the early days (the 60's and perhaps 70's), things may have been different. But now the "recovery" is just another Christian denomination. Period. And a peculiar one.
Nearly everyone of my posts has this guiding principle -- the LC leaders are different than the many members I have grown to love. I never blame them for the deterioration which has occurred over the years, because all the responsibility lies with their leaders. It is they who have betrayed our trust, and taken advantage of us.