View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #101
Ohio

Default Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Yeah, I don't know about these "conversion therapies" ---> seems like a bunch of manmade psychology (flesh) to me. Can God use others in something like that to affect real, lasting change? Sure, but I suspect it's usually the flesh trying to make legalistic changes in others (Ohio may disagree).

Overall, my views on such things generally follow the reasoning Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson put forth in their 1999 book, "Blinded by Might; Why the religious right can't save America." Basically it says that we might try to do a whole bunch of things to correct the moral situation, but it won't work well because no matter how well-intentioned, it's largely just the religious flesh trying to correct the unmoral flesh. America, and all it's issues, needs The Savior. Period.
Yes, we need a Savior, but a civil society also needs laws, police, and courts to protect its people, otherwise we have lawlessness.

The Bible often mentions wise counsel. I don't think that should be considered "man made psychology (flesh)." Even Paul says that the Law is good and is a child conductor.