View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #61
Evangelical

Default Re: A Plague Upon Denominationalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
It's pretty clear when Paul rebuked the Corinthians about their saying "I am of Paul, etc." that he was not blaming them for following a leader but rather their attitude about it, because he even rebuked those who said they were "of Christ."

What could be wrong with saying you are of Christ? Well, it's clear it's wrong to say it in a way that declares you are better than other Christians for doing so, that lifts yourself up and diminishes others.

So, if saying "I am of Christ" can be fleshly and divisive, then it must follow that saying "we don't have a name and we meet on the local ground" can be fleshly and divisive as well.

It all comes down to attitude, and I don't think there is any question that the fleshy and divisive attitude displayed by the Corinthians who said they were of Christ is the same attitude demonstrated by LCMers who say "we don't have a name and we meet on the local ground."

It certainly is the attitude demonstrated over and over by Evangelical here. So I think we can be confident that Paul would have rebuked Evangelical along with the Corinthians.

It's one thing to follow your conscience and the spiritual leaders you feel lead to follow. It's another thing to make a career out of condemning everyone who doesn't do things your way. That's Evangelical, and he is a product of the LCM attitude factory.
And the catholic church said 'i dont care if luther splits from us as long as he has the right attitude'. 😐NOT.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote