Old 04-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #17
Kevin

Default Re: DCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Maybe you need to read:

Christless Christianity: The Alternative Gospel of the American Church
Book by Michael Horton

Dr Michael has a PhD. He is also a professor of theology. If this is what a professor of theology is saying about Christianity.....

The book has a star rating of 4.5/5 on Amazon. Apparently this idea resonates with many people. Unfortunately many are not willing to address the problem and find a solution.

The funny thing is that Nee, Lee and the local churches have been addressing this problem of Christless Christianity for decades while denominations are either ignorant of the problem or still trying to figure out what to do about it.

Even though Horton has a shallow understanding of the problem, he has at least noticed the problem. But the problem is not that Christ is not preached from the pulpit. The problem is that the pulpits being preached from belong to man made organizations.
Aha! I knew someone would brought up Michael Horton's book in this thread. I had an epub of that copy. But the problem with Witness Lee in his critique on Christianity is hasty generalization!

Michael Horton is a Presbyterian. I'm sure his church is no exception for a christless Christianity according to Witness Lee.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote