View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #173
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Atonement (Lee used a different word, I know, but let's keep it simple) is the first and most important aspect of the new covenant surely as without it no other aspects of the new covenant would be possible. By "direct contradiction" are you trying to say that Lee did not teach this? Have you considered that I may not be contradicting Lee but I have chosen to ignore the other aspects of the new covenant because it is the aspect of atonement which best disproves your view that Lee is a mediator or that mediation is required?
Lee taught that the New Covenant was not primarily "atonement". He taught that "atonement" was an Old Testament truth, the NT reality was the propitiation.

"Propitiation means that you have a problem with another person. You have either offended him or else you owe him something. For instance, if I wrong you or am otherwise in debt to you, a problem exists between us. Because of this problem or debt, you have a demand upon me, and unless your demand is satisfied the problem between us cannot be resolved. Thus, there is the need for propitiation."

Reconciliation includes propitiation. To be reconciled is to be "at one" with God. The atoning sacrifice takes place in the outer court.

In contrast Witness Lee equated the New Covenant with the Holy of Holies. (Life Study of Hebrews, Chapter 39, section 2)

Now if Jesus, our High Priest, is the mediator of the New Covenant (in typology the Holy of Holies) then He is the mediator to those who are no longer in the outer court. Hence they are already redeemed yet still have a problem before entering the Holy of Holies.

"If we put all these together, we find that we are in God's presence, at His oracle, and are meeting with God and having fellowship with Him. This is the New Covenant with the law of life." (Witness Lee, Life Study of Hebrews, Chapter 39, Section 2)