View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #33
Jo S

Default Re: Awoken after 38 Years

Hi Jo,

I'd like to say that I admire your courage in speaking out. I know it takes a lot to do something like this and I know it'll also encourage others by letting them know they're not alone in their struggles.

I will be honest in saying that, like Koinonia, I also got the sense from reading your letter that you may have lost faith. While I don't agree with the way it was expressed by him, I can't help but to notice the lack of a testimony pointing back to God. As a Christian that has been through a few trials, it's just something that's apparent. This could be the reason why some may think this way.

My hope, however, is that it all does eventually go full circle and point back to Him. I don't have any reason to think otherwise. Our God is awesome and many that have already gone through what you're going through and have come out the other side with a much stronger and more resilient faith in Jesus Christ are praying for you.

You want to know something? It's completely understandable that one's faith in God is shaken in these types of circumstances...if in fact that is the case for you. If it is, please don't feel ashamed or condemned. As others have said, it's something that's normal and part of a process. Do have courage because I believe God is involved in this process and doing a great work in you and your family's lives.

With that said, it's not necessarily a bad thing to be stripped of the "god" and "Jesus" of the Local Churches. I say that because it's my personal belief that you have been taught a different gospel, a different Christ, and have been dictated a faith that wasn't your own. The danger is, however, allowing vengeful anger and wrath to come through the void that is left after coming out of oppressive religious groups.

My prayer in all of this is that the Lord shelter you and your family through this storm and fill you with the love and knowledge of our wonderful Savior. Take heart Jo, Jesus has already overcome the world. Self-determination helps us take the first steps but it'll only get us so far. Allow Him be your strength and comfort going forward.