Thread: Fundamentalism
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 05:39 AM   #1716
Ohio

Default Re: Fundamentalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Jesus also said "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."

But you already knew that. So it seems Jesus was neither pro-sword or anti-sword.

I don't own a gun, but I would have no problem owning one. I am not eager to own one. So what is the big deal? None of the gun-owning Christians I've known have ever used theirs for anything but target practice.
I know lots of Christians who shoot guns, all kinds of guns, and they shoot them at all kinds of living creatures. The guy I bought my house from had a bullet-making factory in the basement. The neighbor told me he would shoot in the back yard, which is totally illegal here.

The Waldensian Christian communities during the 12th (?) century took King David as their pattern. They refused to allow the papal thugs to come in and rape their women and burn their homes -- while they watched, and then killed them too. Their stories are heroic. Who are we to say that the Lord was not with them?

I don't own a gun either, but I am a strong supporter of 2nd Amend. rights. Show me one NRA member involved in these mass murders. I'm tired of these liberal politicians going on their NRA witch hunts every time bad news hits.